The Scottish Football Partnership has made an Award to Burntisland Shipyard A.F.C to assist with the cost of upgrading the clubs changing pavilion at Recreation Park. The project which also gathered support from Briggs Marine, Awards for All, the Local Common Good Fund and Fife Council was designed primarily to enable the club to meet the facility requirements as set out by the Scottish FA’s National Club Licensing criteria however the upgrade will also have a positive impact for the other community football groups who access the stadium on a regular basis. Shippy Chairman James Thomson said, “The club was particularly please with the level of support offered to our project by The Scottish Football Partnership and our other funding partners given the current financial climate which exists at present within the football, business and the public sector. Burntisland Shipyard A.F.C has been in existence since 1919 and we are very proud to say that we have been members of the Scottish FA since 1929. The improvements made to our clubhouse through this project and the other facility upgrades which have been carried out in the past 2 seasons will help maintain the proud heritage of our club, provide a platform for our progress in the future and be of benefit to the wider community users of Recreation Park. Achieving our National Club License in December 2015 was a great reward for a lot of hard work and once again we would like to thank everyone who has helped make this possible”.